Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wicked Lovely (Melissa Marr)


Wicked Lovely, by Melissa, is definitely on my Top Ten Best Books list! (btw sorry I forgot to do a sneak peak! whoops)

Wicked Lovely is about faeries, invisible creatures to the human eye. But not to Aislinn (aka Ash).
Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.
Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.
Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.
These are the rules Ash has lived by her entire life. has the Sight, inherited from her mother and her grandmother. She sees the faeries, as well as the awful things they do; trip, shove, pull, hit, bit, kick, kill, and torture.

One thing I didn't like was the fact that it took me about 80 pages to get interested. For a while I was just really confused, but once I caught on I understood and it was REALLY good!

Ash meets countless faeries, and becomes entangled with their world, their friends, and their fate. She must make very difficult decisions, many of them involving Seth, her closest friend (as well as my favorite characters),and Keenan, her biggest annoyance. Hearts are broken, rules are forgotten, and true love is felt as summer and winter clash in this enticing novel. Look for a sneak peek (hopefully) and a review of her next book, Ink Exchange!

Writing: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Cover: 4

~Lily Benan

No comments:

Post a Comment