Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sneak Peek #2


Sneak peak for my book The Sweet Far Thing, sequel to A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels. The Sweet Far Thing, page 509.

"You look like your mother. I'm sure she would have wanted to be here for this," Grandmama says, and the moment is ruined utterly. Whatever was struggling from the marble of me is gone.
You'll not mention my mother again, I think, closing my eyes. Tell me how beautiful I look. Tell me how happy we are. Tell me I shall be someone, and there's nothing but blue-sky days ahead.
When I open my eyes, Grandmama smiles at my reflection. "Dear me, aren't you a vision in that dress?"
"The picture of loveliness," the seamstress chimes in.
There. That's so much better.

I should be done with it soon. It taking me a long time to finish because I haven't had much time to read. It'll be out soon! (even though no one will read the review) :(

~Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment