Friday, June 19, 2009

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You (Ally Carter)


I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You, by Ally Carter, is a book thats really fun to read. While I read it in a day (I would of had the review out sooner but I haven't been on the blogs for long enough), and it was really easy, it had good writing and I didn't want to put the book down.

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You is about Cammie Morgan (aka the Chameleon). Her mom is the headmistress at Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, an all girls school for geniuses. But what normal civilians don't know, its really a school for spies, but they can't know that! They think the Gallagher Girls are just snooty, rich girls. The students take really cool classes, like Countries of the World (COW), Covert Operations (CoveOp), Culture and Assimilation (C&A), and many others. Each girl can speak fourteen different languages, and at meals they have assigned languages. A big sign tells them what language with what accent. For example; they first day of school, they may have ENGLISH:AMERICAN, which would bee English with an American accent. Or one night for dinner, CHINESE:MANDARIN, which, as you (probably) guesses, Chinese with a Mandarin accent. Anyways, the plot starts when their CoveOp's hot teacher Mr. Solomon takes his sophomore class out to a carnival. But its not to play games and win prizes, they've been assigned a mission. Cammie, not having been caught, is about to head home when someone sees her. And when I told you her nickname was Chameleon, NO ONE ever sees her if she doesn't want to be. No one. Even the most paranoid spy she's met (Mr. Smith, COW teacher) But Josh, the boy at the carnival did. She begins to like him, and learns the hard way that a spy girl should never like a normal, unsuspecting boy. None the less vice-versa.

Her roommates and best friends Bex, Liz, and Macey help Cammie through everything, from sneaking out of the mansion (you can't blame town people for thinking their rich little brats), to understanding his messages. Also, they have super cool spy gear, but you'll have to read the book to find out what they are!

Its a really great book, and if your looking for a quick and easy book, read it! I'm almost done with the second one. Review will probably be out later today. I if have time on the computer.

Writing: 5
Plot: 4
Characters: 4
Cover: 4

Overall Four Stars.

ily,
~Lily!

No comments:

Post a Comment