Saturday, May 23, 2009

Kiss of Life (Dan Waters)

 Kiss of Life (Generation Dead Series #2) by Daniel Waters: Book CoverKiss of Life, by Dan Waters, was an amazing sequel to Generation Dead! As we watch Tommy, Karen, Tak, Phoebe, Colette, Adam, and Pete, along with new characters Dom, DeCayce, and Duke weave into the story, you will dread putting the book down.

Phoebe and Adam become a 'thing', as she helps him become more... alive. I love how the chapters from his point of view are written how he would actually think, and how the become more normal as he becomes more functional. 
Tommy begins his trip across America (which he is doing in real life, coming to MY town...yay!) , and sends riveting emails of his stories of traveling the country. Phoebe gets angry at him, and I enjoyed watching their conversations over the internet. 
We meet more characters, like Duke, and you see the true feelings of others. Tragedies strike, deaths (or re-deaths) occur, and more people are turning against zombies.

A must read; I loved this book! I definitely suggest reading it, if you haven't already. Find Tommy Williams at myso-calledundeath.blogspot.com and Dan Waters at watersdan.blogspot.com     Enjoy!

Story: 5
Characters: 5
Plot: 5
Cover: 4

~Lily

P.S. Sorry it took me so long to review it, I finished it a while ago, but haven't had time to write lately. 

4 comments:

  1. I loved this one as well. Daniel Waters is AMAZING!

    As for Take A Peek...sure no problem. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! I can't wait to read it!!!!!! I missed reading about Tommy!!!!! Have you read "The chronicles of vladimir tod" It's a book about a vampire...it's really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay thank you so much for telling me about Kiss of life! As soon as I heard the book had come out I demanded my mom take me to books a million and let me buy it. :) So she did and I started reading it about three hours ago..I'm already on page 162....it's amazing though!

    ReplyDelete